Sunday, May 19, 2013

Catch Up, Over Some Tea

"You know, you'd look like a model if you just lost a little bit of weight."
I can't believe my best friend thought this would sound like a compliment. Thank you oh-so very much for telling me I'm ugly because I'm fat. Now it's definitely all my fault. Guys can be so god damn dense. And to make matters worse he said, "Jamie, like 10 pounds and damn you'd be beautiful. I can't believe I never noticed before."
I was left with no choice but to laugh it off and say "Dude, I know."
Sadly he didn't get the message and kept on about it. Needless to say, I didn't really eat after that.
On another note, I came back from Sri Lanka last night. It was beautiful and everyone was so nice. However the vegetarian options at most restaurants were limited to high calorie food (most often fried or baked in butter.) You wouldn't believe what I'd give for a raw carrot or a huge helping of ice berg lettuce by the end of it. I gained about 3 pounds but I think I resigned myself to gaining on my first day there. On the bright side, I've toned up (from all the swimming) and bought a really cute white skirt which is just a wee bit tight for me. Motivation anyone :)
I'm feeling a little under the weather today and I have a killer sore throat so I'm debating on liquid fasting today.
I hope everyone is doing great....
Hugs and Kisses,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will be able to break the cycle and lose those 3lb. Sometimes they just creep up on us by surprise! I never know where my belly fat comes from until it is staring right at me in the morning. More like laughing at me and begging me to eat some more yucky food!

    I wish you luck, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I totally know what you mean. On the bright side I've lost a pound already. I'm hoping to lose the rest soon.

      Delete