Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Rambling Post

My muscles are killing me but I welcome the pain. I haven't lost any weight. I gained 0.2 pounds. In my body's defense I ate far too much to loose. I'm currently hovering between 1000-1800 calories a day. I've started being more active (or trying to be at any rate).
I'm trying to clock in 7000 steps a day on my pedometer. I spend so many hours with my books and other classes that I barely get off my seat.
If I was still purging, well I know my calories would be lower but purging is not something I want to do anymore. Generally once I purge it's like a friggin fest. It doesn't even matter if breakfast was 80 calories of sugar free, fat free yogurt. It'll come right back up. Once I start the purging cycle I can't stop for a long time. It's sort of like , "If I eat something, I'll eat everything, so I don't eat at all." except more like "If I purge once, I'll purge everything, so I don't purge."
In all honesty I probably should cut down to about 750 calories so I can function and lose weight at the same time. Once my various obligations are done, by may 19th I can go to my old routine of eating 500 calories a day and burning 300-800.
I'm going to Sri Lanka in four days and I was hoping to loose about two pounds before I leave, but I have a feeling that won't be happening. I wish I could stop all the night eating. I've never had to hide my eating habits at home, my mom, the doctor, has these odd issues with food (she thinks 500 calories is a perfectly healthy amount of food to eat when you're on a diet, assuming you exercise of course) and I've always had weird meal timings since I was a child so no one really finds it odd when I skip most meals they just assume I ate something earlier. I will have a problem when we go to Sri Lanka. We're going to be doing stuff like diving, river rafting, drinking and dancing, and hiking. I can skive off most of the alcohol calories but I expect I'll end up having a beer or cocktail and then smoking so I don't get tempted. I've never had to hide anything except purging and I don't want to purge on the trip. It makes me light headed and it's not safe if I pass out while diving or something. I'll probably stay at about 750 calories on the trip. Stick to the whole 'I cant eat before getting into a car.' and 'but I always fast on Thursdays.' It's such an odd feeling researching how to 'hide an ED from friends/family' We'll end up eating out every day and I'll really have to be careful of what I eat.
I should probably go and study for my exam which is in two days. Wish me luck. <3
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. I always feel like staying away from alcohol is important because, at least for me, I can never just have one and then I have to eat something at night because I get the munchies, which is the worst!

    Good luck on the exercise and the exam! You will do wonderful with both I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have that problem but since I started smoking (and I'm not advocating starting) I can stop after a few. When everyone has another drink I have a cigarette.

      Delete